- This event has passed.
Three Hills 2018 Summer Celebration Parade
July 7 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The 2018 Three Hills Summer Celebration Parade will take place on SATURDAY, JULY 7 at 11 AM on Main Street in Three Hills.
The Innisfail Legion Pipe Band has been booked to lead the parade. Three Hills IGA is sponsoring the Saturday morning pancake breakfast again this year with the folks from the B is for Brady Memorial Fund, in support of the Rotary Flames House at the Alberta Children’s Hospital.
The 2018 parade theme is “Hats Off to Three Hills!”
Parade entries are giving a tip-of-the-hat to something about Three Hills that’s really special to them — or they’ll be celebrating their business, group or organization with the hats they wear!
This is a wonderful opportunity for parade entries to support and showcase something about the history or community culture or life in Three Hills that they feel is especially noteworthy: like the Three Hills Arts Academy, Anderson Park, Three Hills Library, Kneehill Historical Museum, Kneehill Medical Clinic, Prairie College, the Aquatic Centre, Three Hills Thrashers, Three Hills School, Prairie Christian Academy, their own business, church or community group!
Just remember: If you’re celebrating someone who is not you, please make sure you get in touch with them to make them aware of your plans =)
BEFORE THE PARADE
8 – 10:30 am Pancake Breakfast in front of IGA
AFTER THE PARADE
Sandwich and Pie Lunch at Knox United
Kid’s Carnival at Anderson Park
plus Servus Credit Union is giving you 10 minutes to “Escape the Bank” using your financial smarts. It’s an escape room on wheels, staged to look like a stodgy old bank. Have you got the skill$ to solve the puzzles and break out of the bank? Look for it at Anderson Park after the parade.
16 Team Mixed Slo-Pitch at the Campgrounds All Weekend
- Parade begins assembling on 1st Ave at 9:00 AM in the areas shown on the map.
- Judging entries takes place at 10 AM.
- Parade begins making its way up Main Street at 11 AM sharp.
- Please follow the directions of the parade marshalls from the Three Hills Fire Department.
- Please distribute only safe candy along the parade route: we encourage using peanut free candy, but all candy must be wrapped.
- If you’re distributing candy from your float, or promotional items, please have someone walk alongside the float close to the spectators on the sidewalk. No one is permitted to throw items from their float.
- Please try to minimize gaps and keep pace with the other floats along the parade route.
- Please do your very best to make it all the way to the parade finish at Golden Hills Lodge. It’s a long walk but our seniors truly enjoy watching the parade from the Lodge grounds and windows if they can’t join the crowds on Main Street.